Course Status : Upcoming
Course Type : Elective
Duration : 15 weeks
Start Date : 24 Jan 2022
End Date : 09 May 2022
Exam Date :
Enrollment Ends : 28 Feb 2022
Credit Points : 4
Level : Undergraduate
More Freshers Jobs:
- Goldman Sachs Engineering Campus Hiring Program 2022 Apply by 9th Jan 2022
- DXC Off Campus Hiring Fresher For Associate Professional Information Security Bangalore
- Infosys Internship for Students and Graduates with Certificate
- Infosys Job Openings for Freshers as Systems Engineer in Across India
Basics of Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System (GIS) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) is a 15 week course conducted by IIRS, ISRO. The course constitutes 75 learning hours spread across four modules namely Basics of Remote Sensing, Global Navigation Satellite System, Geographic Information System and Applications of Geopspatial technology. The syllabus and the lecture content is modified every year by the faculty based on the feedback received and the emerging trends in the technology.
The course consist of 4 Modules namely :
1. Remote Sensing and Digital Image Analysis : Basic Principles of Remote Sensing, Earth Observation Sensors and Platforms, Spectral Signature of different land cover features, Image interpretation, Thermal & Microwave Remote Sensing, Digital Image Processing: Basic Concepts of Rectification and Registration, Enhancement, Classification and accuracy assessment techniques.
2. Global Navigation Satellite System : Introduction to GPS and GNSS, receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy.
3. Geographical Information System : GIS, databases, topology, spatial analysis and open source software.
4. RS and GIS Applications: Agriculture and Soil, Forestry and Ecology, Geoscience and Geo-hazards, Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Urban and Regional Studies and Water Resources.
The course includes 4 modules. At the end of each module you will have to appear for an assignment/quiz. The final examination will be conducted at the end of the course. The certificate will be issued based on internal and final marks obtained
More Freshers Jobs:
- 7 Internship Opportunities at DigiLocker for 2022
- Graduate Engineer Trainee Bengaluru Collins Aerospace
- Associate Technical Support Engineer PowerSchool | Bangalore
- MetricStream Off Campus Drive 2022 B.E/B.Tech 2021 Batch 6 LPA Bangalore
- T-Systems Freshers Recruitment Drive | Software Engineer |3.5 LPA to 4 LPA
- Google hiring Software Engineer University Graduate, 2022
- Capgemini off campus drive – BSC/BCA 2021
- Amazon Wow Internship in 2022 – Software Development Engineer Intern
- CGI Recruitment 2022 Associate Software Engineer Hyderabad Apply Now!